Backup To Hard Drive....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:07:37 UTC 2012

I am currently using Fedora 17 on a Gateway T-6321 Laptop with 3.0GB of
memory and a 320 GB Hard drive. I am trying to run the "Backup" that
came with Fedora and have the entire set of files save to an external
2.5" SATA Hard drive connected with a StarTech enclosure that connects
to the laptop via USB. Everything starts just fine....I create a folder
on the drive and start the backup...about 3 minutes in I get an error
message telling me that process could not complete, because f a
permissions error. I have used GParted to format the drive with ext4 and
cleaning all the space on the drive...but even after I do this I cannot
create files or folders on the external hard drive to use for backups.
Is there something I need to do with this drive so that I can use it for
backing up my Fedora laptop on a biweeky basis? More info below:

External HDD = Western Digital "Scorpio" 160GB Serial ATA HDD
Connections = StarTech InfoSafe USB 2.0 SATA Drive Enclosure

Fedora 17 with all updates installed. (Including latest GRUB)

TIA

EGO II