Upgrade Fedora 14->15

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 09:44:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I finally decided to upgrade my Fedora 13 using the software upgrade.
I made a succesful upgrade to 14, booted it and it worked fine. I then
proceeded to do 14 -> 15. Upon reboot all packages were installed but
at the very end the installer crashed with a very long message. I
saved it but couldn't do much with it. I rebooted but now I get only a
back screen. No grub no nothing.

I tried to mount the partitions from another computer but it is as if
there is something wrong with the table because I can't see the
partitions apart form the swap. Right now I'm making a bootable media
to see if I can figure out what went wrong.

Anyone has any ideas what I can do apart from reinstalling the system?
I would love it if I didn't have to configure everything all over
again.

The hardware is a MacBook Pro 5,2, Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M

Thanks for any hints.
/Henrik