Fedora 17

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Mon Dec 10 13:16:38 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 03:59 PM, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> I have now migrated to Fedora 17 (clean install)

Same here, but
- I choosed the LXDE spin
- the former version was F16 LXDE spin too

 > and configured and
> installed most of what I need. Though I think everything looks very
> good my computer is considerably less responsive than under fedora 13.
> I haven't worked that much yet but emacs in particular is very slow.

The default Emacs is 24, and without surprise, software are heavier as
versions grow.
I noticed the same with LXDE/Openbox, GTK, LibreOffice,...

> Incorporating 5 messages into MH-E can take a couple of seconds. My
> hardware is a MacBook Pro 5,2, I'm running nvidia drivers. Anyone
> knows of something I can do to get it a bit more speedy?

Mmmm: Althoug being a Linux evangelist, I dont preech Mac owners to
install Linux on a Mac ;-)

--
RMA.