Something went wrong.....

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Dec 11 21:19:46 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 01:07 PM, antonio wrote:

> I have a doubt on this subject....if the error is before login, where
> shall I get the .xsession-errors file???

A new version of the file is created when you start an X session, but it
isn't deleted when you log out.  Thus, if you log into a text console
before starting X, you'll still have the list of errors from your last
GUI session and that may have the info you need.  If you prefer not to
examine it in text mode, use this to change the name before going back
to your regular login screen:

mv .xsession-errors errors.txt

This will not only keep it from being overwritten, it will change it
from a hidden file to a regular one, making it easier to to find in your
file manager.