Chrome video noise

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:01:02 UTC 2012

F17 fully updated.

I use Chrome (currently google-chrome-beta-24.0.1312.35-171386.x86_64)
as my main browser, but this may also apply to Chromium:

For the last few weeks, every embedded video has had a lot of noise (or
snow) in the image. It looks very much like the problem a few months
back with external Flash libraries, but that was solved (originally via
a workaround posted by Linus, then apparently with a fix from Adobe).
The odd thing is that it seems to happen with any sort of video, not
just Flash.

Is anyone else seeing this? The same sites seen with Firefox all work
fine.

poc