F17 power management problems after resume on Asus ee701

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 12 13:37:59 UTC 2012

More on my f17 ee 701 install, this time with power management.

If I boot from AC I can switch to battery and it runs ~3hr on battery.
Same if I boot directly from battery.  I can poweroff and power on and
still get about 3 hours.

But if I suspend, then whether on AC of battery I only get about 30 min
before it just shuts off very ungracefully.  Pop!  And the power icon
shows battery discharging even when I am on AC.

I am managing the rebooting, but would really like to have workable
suspend on that computer...