fedora 18 and ati legacy drivers

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Dec 12 21:44:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:54:56 -0500,
   Brian West <bionicfreeze at gmail.com> wrote:
>When fedora 18 comes out will 17 still get all of the normal updates
>or just security and bug fixes?  the reason I ask is because the ati
>legacy drivers wont work with the new version of xorg and as of now
>the open source drivers lacking 3d acceleration and hardware
>rendering support.  any thoughts or suggestions?

f17 will get updates until about a month after f19 is released. People aren't
supposed to be making disruptive updates to released versions of Fedora,
so you might not see specific packages updated to the version you want.
For those you can open a correspondence (normally using an RFE bugzilla
entry) with the maintainers to make a case for an update.