how can i get widescren display on my new Dell 3010?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Dec 12 22:29:42 UTC 2012

	After my third slug of coffee, I am awake!

	here are some more random facts that may/may-not be useful.

	one member in my writing group recently bought a =new= laptop
	to use with Doze and linux.  he is a tech writer and very sharp,
	but knew little about linux.  I introduced him to ubuntu.  I
	have been using ubuntu for some five years. IMO, it is better
	than most distributions.  he just bought a "Gateway Win7" at
	Fry's, which is a quasi-discounter here in the states.  --from
	your TZ, Im guessing you are somewhere is oz.  at any rate, this
	fellows told me::

 MS has what's call=
 ed secure boot on Win8 (it prevents people installing alternate OSs --
 spit=
 ting into the peanut butter jar). I hope they didn't start doing that for
 remaining Win7 systems. Guess I'll find out. </P>

 	I assume that his win7 did not have this UEFI interference, but
	it is an indication of what's coming.  more hack-arounds.