How to make a block-level incremental backup using LVM?

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Dec 14 14:56:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

>> I've not dealt directly with the high end appliance stuff but the
>> "cheap" (relatively speaking) software commercial backup on Linux I've
>> touched has been uniformly dismal and not something I'd trust with my
>> data.
At least you had the change to deal with some "cheap" commercial
solution. I can only get quotes from the high-end ones. Cannot move to a
POC, only read product documentation and then stop the proccess because
it's too expensive. :-(

So I should stop being lasy and start learning and configuring Amanda or
Bacula if I want something more manageable than my homemade scripts?  ;-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano