X-server crash?

yotestalker linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 16 14:17:55 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 08:24 AM, Martin Airs wrote:
> On Saturday 15 Dec 2012 23:37:57 yotestalker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently, whenever I launched a video with totem, my screen would go
>> black and I'd end up back at the FC17 login screen. I was using the
>> akmod-nvidia and kmod-nvidia drivers. I switched over to VLC as my
>> default video player and the problem seemed to be solved; however, It's
>> now doing the same thing whenever I try to launch google chrome. The
>> screen goes black and I end up back at the login screen. It does it in
>> both KDE and XFCE. Has anybody else seen this?
>
> You might find in your Xorg.0.log that it complains it couldn't load GLX
>
> I had this too, I just had to make sure these lines were in my xorg.conf
>
> Section "Files"
>      FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1"
>      ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/nvidia/xorg"
>      ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
> EndSection
>
> you might find these lines in it, and for some reason it loads the GLX
> driver....
>
> ModulePath      "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
> ModulePath      "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers"
> ModulePath      "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
>
> Martin

Hi,

Would that be 00-nvidia.conf by any chance? It contained the correct
lines minus the font line, which I added to no avail.

xorg.conf itself only contains these lines:

# RPM Fusion - nvidia-xorg.conf
#
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Here's a pastebin link to my Xorg.0.log:

http://pastebin.com/s59p3fYY

Thanks!