Getting to F18

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 00:27:42 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 03:07 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/16/2012 09:12 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> the first and largest mistake in context security you can make
>> is to think you are secure but not have the knowledge to make
>> sure it is so - goodwill and hope is no base for security
>
> OK, what do you, personally, do to protect your LAN from this type of
> attack?
Maybe a AV?.....along with port scanning and "blocking"?.....maybe even
a hardware appliance solution?...those are what come to mind
first.....after that some form of "customized" config file?....or
script?...and mind you...I have NO skill in configuring things like
that....it's mostly from what I've heard and read!...

EGO II