Getting to F18

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 03:09:12 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 07:42 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/16/2012 04:25 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> So then....there's not enough REWARD for anyone to even ATTEMPT
>> something such as this?.....well I for one am glad! Makes it a little
>> easier to sleep at night! LoL!
>
> There's not enough reward for most people, no.  That's not to say that
> it can't be done or that somebody won't have the right combination of
> skills and low self-esteem needed to do something like this just for
> bragging rights, but the odds are much lower than they are in the
> Windows world where the probable payoff is also much higher.
I've always thought that things were a little different here in
"Linux-Land"....I mean....if someone comes up and brags about stealing
something that was free to begin with....then what's to brag
about?.....what's so impressive about that? But to have not only gotten
past a well designed security system, but to have ALSO made off with the
crown jewels....well now THAT'S impressive! Comparatively......to hack
into a Linux system that resides on some old geezer's home network (that
would be ME!...LoL!) I don't think would make anyone do a double
take....but to hack into the back end of say......Tiffany's.com...and
make off with customer's credit card numbers...well...now THAT would be
something to impress with....(depending on your moral makeup!)

EGO II