f17 NM stopped registering with DNS

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:12:07 UTC 2012

William Brown wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 15:30 +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> On 12/17/2012 03:26 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
>> > I've been using f17 wired enet at work, and it's worked for a long time.
>> > Now for some reason, my machine is not registering in DNS.
>>
>> Why do you think a workstation would register in DNS?
>> What exactly do you mean by registering in DNS?
>> What are your checks in order to assume you dont register in DNS?
>>
>> I ask in order to understand and try to find a solution.
>>

>> --
>> RMA.
>
> I think he means that NM is now no longer sending the required
> information to enable the DHCP to server to carry out a DDNS update into
> bind etc.

Yes, that's what I mean.  Other workstations on my corporate net can't lookup
the name of my machine (and that did work at least some time in the past.  The
dns is reporting an IP for my machine, but it's the wrong one - old info.  At
some point, the dhcp server decided to issue a different IP for my machine,
though I can't tell when that happened and when the DDNS update stopped
working).