where is gamma4scanimage?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:54:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 01:02:38 +0100, Frédéric Bron wrote:

> scanimage should come with gamma4scanimage but it does not.
> yum provides gamma4scanimage and yum search gamma4scanimage give nothing.
> Where can I find gamma4scanimage for F17?

Do a little bit of homework. Fetch the Source RPM (the src.rpm) package.
Extract it. Examine the source code and the spec file to verify whether
something ought to be built. You would have found this:

| %install
| rm -f %{buildroot}%{_bindir}/gamma4scanimage
| rm -f %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/gamma4scanimage.1*

Nothing comments on why those, which is a pitty. If one reads that
spec file, one would like to learn *why* these files are deleted.

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/sane-backends

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.10-5.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.31 0.37 0.30