Getting to F18

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 18 09:37:37 UTC 2012

Tim:
>> These days, I try to avoid getting involved in fixing people's
>> computers, I liken it to being asked to clean out their blocked toilet
>> with bare hands.

Ed Greshko:
> I don't think I would use that analogy.  After having cleaned out
> their toilet they're not likely to call you again every few days to
> ask how the flusher works or to tell you they tried flushing a whole
> roll of TP and have run into difficulties.  :-) :-)

You think some people aren't that clueless?  Once a year I work in our
State Fair, the loos the general public use rapidly become a disgusting
mess, whereas the ones in the middle of the cattle yard are virtually
spotless.

No, my job isn't cleaning them, mine is a video services job in one of
the arenas.  But visiting one of the most popular rooms in the show is
an unavoidable necessity.

I tell people that analogy to try and put forth the idea how much I
don't want to fix their computer.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.10-2.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 11 18:07:34 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.