Youtube video editing software

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:59:36 UTC 2012

Hi everyone!

I want to download some youtube videos (using youtube-dl), and I
need to edit each file by cutting some parts out and pasting the
remaining parts together. For example, starting at 4min0sec into the
video, remove 15sec, then continue to the end. Or, given two files,
concatenate them into one.

I need the simplest possible tool that will do this job. I know I
could use mencoder, but it seems to be an overkill for this simplistic
usecase. What I am looking for is a piece of software that even a
grandma can use, so to speak. No problems with patent-encumbered
software, rpmfusion-nonfree, etc.

Any suggestions?

TIA, :-)
Marko