Brasero crashes

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 20 02:47:53 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 10:23 AM, Jim wrote:
> Fedora 17
> Brasero fails to burn DVD project, the movie I'm trying to burn is a xxx.avi.
>
> i see it is pointing out a Picture rate failure , how do I fix that.
>
> I used ffmpeg to convert the xxx.mp4 to a xxx.avi .
>
> VLC will play the xxx.avi  file.
>

> ~$ brasero
>
> ** (brasero:28768): WARNING **: Failed to inhibit the system from suspending: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
> **ERROR: [brasero] Picture rate greater than permitted in specified Level

I don't believe brasero will accomplish what you want to accomplish....

I think you'd be better served by installing devede from rpmfusion it will end up creating an ISO file that you burn to a DVD.

Description : DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD)
            : suitable for home players, from any number of video files, in any
            : of the formats supported by Mplayer. The big advantage over other
            : utilities is that it only needs Mplayer, Mencoder, DVDAuthor,
            : VCDImager and MKisofs (well, and Python 2.4, PyGTK and PyGlade), so
            : its dependencies are really small.