Burn a Youtube.webm video

J. Matz farsiter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:53:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> The format for a standard video DVD is MPEG in a VOB file, and there are
> plenty of web pages that give you the specifications for that.  There
> are programs that should automatically convert your video file into a
> standard DVD, I've done that on Linux before, but so long ago that I
> don't recall which program, and things have probably changed since then
> (Fedora Core 4 era, I think).

ffmpeg & dvdauthor are your friends.  It's been a while but I remember
the sequence going something like:

ffmpeg -i MyHomeMovie.m4v -target ntsc-dvd MyHomeMovie.mpg

dvdauthor -t -o MyHomeMovie.dvd -f MyHomeMovie.mpg

creates the TS Structures, then

dvdauthor -t -o MyHomeMovie -f MyHomeMovie.mpg

dvdauthor -T -o MyHomeMovie

mkisofs -dvd-video -o MyHomeMovieDvd.iso MyHomeMovie/

Then burn MyHomeMovieDvd.iso with brasero.

Joel