Eclipse + Egit + Github == Failed authentication

David Quigley selinux at davequigley.com
Thu Dec 20 16:22:55 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 08:40, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Thu 20 Dec 2012 01:14:50 AM EST, Dave Quigley wrote:
>> I'm trying to get Eclipse working with Github on F17 and I've been
>> following a tutorial and I keep getting this error.
>>
>> ssh://git@github.com:22:
>> org.eclipse.jgit.transport.CredentialItem$StringType:Passphrase for
>> /home/dpquigl/.ssh/github
>>

>> I tried adding the passphrase for the github key with ssh-add but it
>> doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any idea how I can get
>> the passphrase into egit so that I can put to the remote github
>> repo?
>>
>> Dave
>

> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide/Remote#Eclipse_SSH_Configuration

This may be a more up to date version of the guide I was using last
night but under Juno there is no git+ssh option for the protocol. Its
also not showing a box asking for the passphrase for the key. I don't
know if this is because I'm in some other desktop environment and not
Gnome 3 or what but I don't get prompted to unlock the key.

Dave