copy corrupting last block of file?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 00:54:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:47:20 -0500
Tom Horsley wrote:

> My vacation starts when I get home tomorrow, and I'm already
> planning a massive set of data gathering tests. Just the
> sort of thing I love to kill time with on holidays :-).

Well, I've been playing with it and I'm glad to find that
the correlation with the "cp" command was apparently
random.

I wrote a big test script in perl and did a slew of copies,
and the writes all worked today, but then I started getting
errors on the reads.

I switched to a different sdcard reader, and suddenly all the
errors went away, so (today, anyway) all the errors seem to
be correlated with the sdcard reader (which will probably
be headed to the recycling pile soon :-).