Partitioning between SDD and HDD

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 01:35:57 UTC 2012

On 12/23/2012 08:27 PM, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> Perhaps something plugged into the PCMCIA or express slots?
> Eddie G. O'Connor Jr:
>> I didn't know that the SSD have the "external" options like external
>> USB's do? I guess that COULD be a possible way to have SSD and SATA
>> HDD in the same instance
> I didn't know, either, but a quick Google search of sdd express card,
> showed some interesting results.  Likewise against sdd pcmcia.  I
> remembered that there had been HDDs in PCMCIA cards, before, so it was a
> fair bet that the same thing would be done with more modern SDDs.
>
> As to what use you could use with a SDD card fitted into one of them, I
> don't know, it might depend one what booting options your laptop offers.
>
> Other messages in this thread (or was it another?) weighed up the pros
> and cons of what's parts of the directory tree were best on a HDD or
> SDD.

AFAIK My Fedora laptop starts up and runs just fine with the partitioned
format that the OS decided upon when I installed it. I have two external
HD's (USB - 1TB each) that holds "backups" of my system......for both
the laptop...and the 2 desktops....(Linux CEntOS and LinuxMint). I don't
think I have a need for SSD, at least until I'm ready to upgrade my
laptop/desktops to the "next generation"....but thanks for the info. I
will be sure to keep en eye on the SSD issue as I'm sure it's going to
becomne thenext "standard" in the industry...

EGO II