[OT] Microsoft Bashing

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Dec 24 17:38:59 UTC 2012

Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/16/2012 10:20 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> At least Android apps usually have a free (with ads) and paid (no ad)
>> version to choose.
>
> I have a Nook Tablet.  None of the apps that I've installed have ads, and AFAIK,
> B&N doesn't allow that.

Yes, NOOK is limited to B&N approved apps and stuff, and is not a standard
Android tablet unless you jailbreak it and install Cyanogenmod Android or
similar. Then you can have the NOOK and Kindle readers and buy books as you like.

Related hint: Linux manuals don't work well on phones, and only on tablets if
some effort was put into getting the table of contents at the front where you
can link to chapters. Some do, some don't.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>