Laptop Intel wireless card as access point (reply nr 2)

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 13:36:15 UTC 2012

Hi,
You can take a look in this table, in the AP column:
http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers

In the past, you could test for master mode by
"iwconfig wlan0 mode master". In recent kernels
it is not supported, so don't try it (it gives error also with devices
that support 80211.n).

The right way to test it is indeed with hostapd. It could be
that you better try with the git tree of hostapd in case you have
quirks with the rpm hostapd.

Good Luck!

Rami Rosen

http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen