Partitioning between SDD and HDD

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 26 16:39:14 UTC 2012

In the past in theme park ride applications we've had audio on SSDs.
The same audio gets read every few minutes virtually every day of the
year. Eventually the audio files developed bad spots. We started
recommending they record a full day's worth of the audio and play
sequentially to the end of the recording before starting over. That
solved the bad spots caused by reads.

This was a few years ago. Times might have changed. I am still leery
of SSDs, though.

{^_^}