Swapping HDD....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 05:55:37 UTC 2012

On 12/27/2012 12:04 AM, staticsafe wrote:
> On 12/26/12 21:50, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> I am currently using a Gateway T-6321 laptop with a 320 GB  SATA HD. I'm
>> finding it's running out of room, with all the pdf's and other files I
>> have accumulated. I want to swap it out to a 750GB SATA HDD. How can I
>> do this when I don't have another laptop with the same exact specs as
>> the Gateway? In other words is it possible to transfer everything from
>> my current HDD to the 750GB one using an external USB enclosure? will I
>> be able to then install the 750GB HDD and have ALLmy settings and ALL my
>> applications transfer over intact? Any help someone could provide would
>> be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> EGO II
> It is certainly possible. I find Clonezilla[0] to be very useful in
> matters such as these.
>
> [0] - http://clonezilla.org/

WOW!....so much information to digest! Thanks to one and all, but after
reading the responses, I think the Clonezilla way might be for me, I'm
not too familiar with the Terminal and the command lines and
such....although I think it would be AWESOME to be able to do such tings
strictly from a terminal....I'm also afraid since this is the only
"working" laptop I have that connects me to the outside world...and I
would hate to lose all the info and files on here.....maybe I'll find
some old drives and do a "test" run first....just to be sure I've gotten
the hang of it! Thanks again everyone!

EGO II