preupgrade does not find F18

Frank Zimmermann frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de
Thu Dec 27 19:01:09 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 27.12.2012, 19:50 +0100 schrieb Reindl Harald:

> there is no preupgrade for F18 as discussed often here
> there is a new tool called fedup
>
> throw away all this cap and follow exactly the instructions
> for yum-upgrade but keep in mind there is CURRENTLY no stable F18
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18

Hm,

ok I must confess that I've only recently subscribed to this list due to
my issue with preupgrade. I've been search the web and my understandign
of the docs was that fedup will be used from F18 on for upgrades.
Therefore I thought preupgrade is still in use. What is the official way
to upgrade from F17 to F18 if preupgrade is already deprecated?

KR Frank