Some Fedora 17 Questions

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Dec 27 21:06:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:51:09 -0800,
   Thomas Dineen <tdineen at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>3) I tend to be a fan of the older format of pull down menus, is
>there any way to do pull
>down menus?

For now you can use forced fallback mode. That will be dropped eventually
(probably for Fedora 19), but there is talk of a gnome-shell extension
to provide something similar. Alternatively should could switch to another
desktop.

>4) Is there any way to totally disable the screen saver, not just
>setting it to a few hours?

I believe you can turn that off in the start up applications configuration.

>5) Saving the screen setup: Is there any way to save the current
>configuration of the screen,
>shell windows, tool windows, and such at logout, so that they
>reappear automatically on login?

I am pretty sure I have seen a setting to save which applications were
running when you logout and restart them at the next login. I am not
sure where exactly it is.