Firefox Tabs -

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 19:05:08 UTC 2012

On 12/30/2012 1:34 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> On 30/12/12 13:18, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> Can you reproduce it with a clean user account?
>> The option is still available here.
>>
>> $ rpm -q firefox
>> firefox-17.0.1-1.fc18.x86_64
>

>    That's strange, this is what I have in this F-17 box, the other is
>    F-18 which I am configuring and Firefox is new user and install.
>    Perhaps a problem related to "add-ons>" I have both set up
>    identically. Neither shows the option to change but this one has the
>    tabs on bottom as desired.
>
>    [bobg at Box7 ~]$  rpm -q firefox
>    firefox-17.0.1-1.fc17.x86_64
>
>    I can probably create another user but again, the option is missing
>    from both computers, both running the same FF.

It sounds like a misbehaving extension. Did you try starting with all
extensions disabled? This is easier to do for some than a new profile.

Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled?

else if it reqally missing you can add it to about:config.

click on the screen > New > Boolean (it is Boolean function) > then type
 browser.tabs.onTop   in the Preference Name box > next box > set it to
true (which is the default).

--

  David