Firefox Tabs -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Dec 30 20:28:07 UTC 2012

On 30/12/12 14:05, David wrote:
> It sounds like a misbehaving extension. Did you try starting with all
> extensions disabled? This is easier to do for some than a new profile.
>
> Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled?
>

> else if it reqally missing you can add it toabout:config.
>
> click on the screen > New > Boolean (it is Boolean function) > then type
>   browser.tabs.onTop   in the Preference Name box > next box > set it to
> true (which is the default).
>
> -- David

    Ok, did that on the F-18 box and it turned into a disaster! But I
    found the problem, it was self inflicted. I have poor vision and run
    white text on a black background wherever possible. With that set up
    about:config displayed alternate lines as white on white so I simply
    do not see the line "browser.tabs.onTop" unless I restore the
    defaults. Did that, and could changed the setting to "false." That
    fixes my original problem.

    After that I could not start firefox, I rebooted, then worse yet the
    computer would not mount the nfs server. I yum removed firefox and I
    removed /home/bobg/.mozilla/firefox/* and then re-installed firefox
    via yum.

    Now after a couple of computer reboots the server is mounted but
    firefox takes about 25 seconds to start. I can live with that I
    suppose but there's still something lurking ...

    Tnx,

    Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD