adios flash, watch youtube videos in html5

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 08:12:23 UTC 2012

Tom Horsley wrote:
> So if you have to opt in to this, what have I been watching
> videos with on my phone? It is android 2.2, and doesn't have
> flash, yet youtube has been working fine.

Android has its own Youtube app which doesn’t need Flash (since both
Android and Youtube are Google products, this isn’t surprising).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.youtube&feature=search_result
mentions:
    The latest version of the official YouTube app, now with in-page
    playback!
which means that it would look just like Flash.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Which do you consider was the stronger swimmer,
aprilcottage.co.uk |     (a) The Spanish Armadillo,