Error 403 on Apache server, You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 1 12:12:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 10:24 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> I have a small domain, professionally hosted.

Does it give you some sort of remote configuration control panel?  Most
of these turnkey webhosts have something like cpanel, which allows you
to customise your bit of the web server to some degree.  And an option
for showing directory indexing is usually present.

Alternatively, they may let you insert a .htaccess file into your
directory, and change the configuration for that directory, and its
children, by setting some options in it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.