libvpx issues, anyone?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 3 13:12:54 UTC 2012

Am 03.02.2012 14:06, schrieb Rares Aioanei:
> Hello folks,
>
> Does anyone except me had problems today with updating their F16 systems?
> I seem to have dependency problems regarding ffmpeg-libs and/or libvpx.
> My repos are standard Fedora ones and rpmfusion. And 'yum clean all' did not
> help.

goggle has released libvpx-1.0 some days ago
upcoming firefox for F15/F16 will be linked against the new vesion
so rpmfusion has to rebuild their ffmpeg also against libvpx-1.0
since this is an external repo it will never be possible that
all repos and mirrors have mathcing versions in case of so-name changes

was tehre and since i am building ffmpeg + deps on my own
because the rpmfusion-version is crippled due some license
hickhack and the unwillness to move it to "nonfree"-repo
and the are way too slow in updates at all looks like this
after the updates are finished:

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | grep ffmpeg
ffmpeg-libs-0.7.11-2.fc15.20120202.rh.x86_64
ffmpeg-0.7.11-2.fc15.20120202.rh.x86_64

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | grep libvpx
libvpx-1.0.0-2.fc15.20120202.rh.x86_64

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | grep xulrunner
xulrunner-10.0-1.fc15.x86_64