Router help please - Linksys Windows only?

Shane shaned173 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 01:58:46 UTC 2012

On 02/04/2012 06:37 PM, don fisher wrote:
> I am receiving The following error messages every 30 seconds in
> /var/log/messages:
>
> avahi-daemon[1029]: Received response from host 192.168.7.1 with
> invalid source port 32783 on interface 'eth0.0'
>
> I looked on the internet and found a blog with the same problem:
>
> http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Received-response-from-host-router-IP-address-with-invalid/td-p/405931

    As already defined, it's multicast DNS (mDNS).  You can shut down
the avahi-daemon service if you're not using it.  I've disabled it on my
linux boxes because it's just more background radiation on my network.
You could also look at your router config to see if you can turn off
mDNS (if you don't want to disable your avahi-daemon).

    Shane