Amarok hangs with recursive search enabled

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Mon Feb 6 06:23:48 UTC 2012

> On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:20:39 -0500, GS (Gene) wrote:
>
>> I think maybe amarok uses mysql but not sure. After this same upgrade
>> that I applied on Friday, indexing a large LXR database with mysql took
>> a *very* long time, as I mentioned in an previous post. Both of these
>> problems seems to start after the Friday update that included a mysql
>> update
>
> Which version-release is it? Please don't let readers guess.

Currently installed versions:

mysql-5.5.19-1.fc16.x86_64
mysql-embedded-5.5.19-1.fc16.x86_64 <--amarok uses this by default
amarok-2.5.0-1.fc16.x86_64

Well, maybe I accused/spoke too soon. It appears, based on contents of
/var/log/yum.log that these versions, which are currently installed,
have been on f16 from the beginning (amarok) or updated early Jan (mysql).
So whatever is causing my LXR and/or amarok slowness/lockup is not due
to new versions of these.

>> and possibly an amarok upgrade too. (LXR is a add-on sourceforge
>> program that consists of perl scripts and is not part of Fedora.)
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/mysql
>
> By now, all Fedora users ought to have heard about the Fedora Updates
> System. Use it frequently. Comment on Test Updates early.
> Can you reproduce with the current Test Update for MySQL?

I've used the testing repos in the past but prefer to usually just stay
with stable.

> There are also convenient web page such as:
> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/amarok
> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/mysql
> You can skim over those pages to search for existing issues and
> use the convenience link to report problems.

None of these seems to relate to the problem(s) I see. Thanks.

Tried to revert back to previous update before Fri. using yum history
rollback xxx but errors earlier this week with  "libvpx" caused it to
fail and --skip-broken didn't help.