F16/Gnome 3 - Recent Documents

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 7 15:06:17 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 09:26 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 08:20:38PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Over the weekend,while traveling, I noticed that I did not know
>> where 'Recent Documents' is now.
>>
>> I would REALLY like a 'Recent Documents' feature....
> For any apps that use the recent docs integration bits, you can just
> type part of their name in the GNOME Shell overview and the document
> should appear as a result.  I use this quite a bit myself.

Took me a bit of thought to figure out what you probably meant by 'GNOME
Shell overview'.  I guessed it was that box in the upper right what says
search.  And I typed in part of a document name not opened but did have
opened a little while back and it worked, bringing up a 'recent' view
showing this document as a calc doc.  Clicking on it opened it.  Kind of
neat.

Only thing is this requires me to remember part of the file name.  Well
it IS a start.  And it DOES go back further than the last 7 documents!