schroedinger

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 00:17:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM, david walcroft <dwalcroft at bigpond.com> wrote:
> My "yum update" today updated this program,I cannot find any doc's, only
> "schroedinger's cat" on google.
> Anybody Know what this program does?

% rpm -qi schroedinger
Name        : schroedinger
Version     : 1.0.11
Release     : 1.fc16
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Tue 24 Jan 2012 06:24:41 PM MST
Group       : System Environment/Libraries
Size        : 899563
License     : GPL+ or LGPLv2+ or MIT or MPLv1.1
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Mon 23 Jan 2012 09:10:37 AM MST, Key ID
067f00b6a82ba4b7
Source RPM  : schroedinger-1.0.11-1.fc16.src.rpm
Build Date  : Mon 23 Jan 2012 12:52:02 AM MST
Build Host  : x86-15.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : Fedora Project
Vendor      : Fedora Project
URL         : http://www.diracvideo.org/
Summary     : Portable libraries for the high quality Dirac video codec
Description :
The Schrödinger project will implement portable libraries for the high
quality Dirac video codec created by BBC Research and
Development. Dirac is a free and open source codec producing very high
image quality video.

The Schrödinger project is a project done by BBC R&D and Fluendo in
order to create a set of high quality decoder and encoder libraries
for the Dirac video codec.