Horizontal workspaces in Gnome3?

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:06:42 UTC 2012

Dear all,

does anyone know if there is any way (by plugin or otherwise) to get
horizontal workspaces that can have windows stretched across them in
Gnome3? This could be done with compiz in Gnome2, and it was a huge part of
my Eclipse perspective setups...I miss it, but have not seen any way to
work around it.

I know the obvious solution would be to switch to XFCE or LXDE (or
equivalent), but before considering that I wanted to see if it can be done
in Gnome3, since I overall have started to like it rather well.

Best,

Christopher