error 15

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:43:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Mark Panen <mark.panen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/02/2012 14:34, Patrick Dupre wrote:

>>> Did you make your /boot partition on the first partition?
>>
>> No, it is in sda6
>>>

> it need to be in the first partition.

I'm not aware of the specific limitations on what type of partition
can be used as a boot partition (MSDOS partition only, GPT, GTP/MSDOS
hybrid), but I know it doesn't need to be the first partition,
however, unless you are going to use another bootloader (I've
bootstrapped GRUB from NTLDR), you do need to install GRUB to the boot
sector of the drive (not the /boot partition).

Richard