Yum and Fedora 16 -- focus on "new/moved filesystems"

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Feb 9 18:53:13 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 10:34 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 09/02/12 18:30, Joe Zeff wrote:
>
> One question, though: will there be a way to
>> recover the disk space used by the now-redundant directories?
>
> Just 4 symlinks are left?

It wasn't clear to me if everything in the old directories was deleted
or not before being replaced with the symlinks.  After all, one way to
do it would be to move /bin to /oldbin before creating the link, in case
something doesn't get copied over correctly.  If so, either the copy
needs to be removed at the end of the process or there should be a
script to do the cleanup if/when you decide that the backup isn't needed
any longer.