Android-tools

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Feb 10 14:46:50 UTC 2012

Genes MailLists wrote:

>> Incidentally, I've always assumed that the word "sync" meant
>> to make the data in two places, eg phone and computer, the same.
>> But it seems to be used in this context simply to mean
>> "transfer from A to B".
>
>   It does keep the 2 in sync - sounds lke you turned off the sync part
> in your phone - otherwise all your contacts would be visible in gmail
> contacts via browser. If thats the case just turn sync back on on your
> phone and you're done.

I haven't turned anything on or off on the phone.
Do you have an Android phone?
I have been advised that I should go to Settings=>Advanced on the phone,
but there is no such item on my phone in the Settings menu.
(The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2, running Android 2.3.3 .)
I'm running the application Funambol Sync .

For some reason, keeping contacts under Fedora/KDE is a nightmare for me.
I want to have one contacts list which I can reach on any computer,
so I keeping my contacts under OpenLDAP on my server.
If there is an alternative I would be interested to hear of it.

Sadly, Windows scores 9/10 in this area, while Fedora scores 1/10 .

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net