X won't start in fedora 16

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 17:27:34 UTC 2012

Jatin K wrote:
> sometime ago it happed to me also ... on FC 14 ,  I just removed the
> file xorg.conf .... and restarted the system in single user mode and
> run Xorg --configure

Peter: did the error message look like
http://estrip.org/content/users/tinypliny/1111/IMG_20111117_083221.jpg

If so, it’s a Gnome error message, not X, and the chances are that X
itself is fine.

Try creating a brand new user and logging in under that ID.

Are you fully up-to-date?

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | A wood-pigeon would, If a wood-pigeon could,
aprilcottage.co.uk | But a wood-pigeon can’t, So it won’t.