Googlecl

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:23:22 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 16:18, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
>> It it in your best interests to get out of that habit.  You are going to
>> start seeing strange problems you don't understand, and things will break
>> in ways that are hard to troubleshoot and fix.  Your system sounds pretty
>> mixed up, and I'm guessing that running things as root unecessarily is a
>> contributing factor.
>
> I think you are talking nonsense.

He is not talking nonsense, he is trying to help you and you should
listen. I suspect that the difference between root and regular user is
not clear to you seeing how you tried to run what is obviously not a
system command as root. That is fine, there was a time when I didn't
know as well, and I ruined quite a few things learning. Let it be
clear that when you run a command as a regular user and it does not do
what you expect, running it as root is not the solution.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com