MariaDB and Fedora

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:56:28 UTC 2012

I'm wondering why MariaDB not in Fedora yet, is it technical or political? ..

I did saw some discussion in the EPEL list about including MariaDB ,
and theres argument whether it should replace mysql or should be made
to run parallel. Understandable for EPEL as thats meant for enterprise
class packages.

But for Fedora, aint MariaDB should replace MySQL? .. similar to
LibreOffice replaced OpenOffice ..

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331