fuzzed desktop in F16

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 16 21:44:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 14:18 -0700, Pete Travis wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2012 7:52 AM, "Greg Woods" <woods at ucar.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know how to describe it better; if I bring up windows mode
> in
> > GNOME shell, all the icons and fonts on the desktop are blurry and
> > pixelated. This only happens after a normal login followed by a
> suspend
> > or hibernate.

> Per item 3, try creating a new user to test.

As I mentioned in the original post, I did that. The new user does not
have the issue.

> I have a feeling this is a suspend issue, albeit a strange one I may
> not be competent with.  What video hardware and driver is in use on
> this box?

It is using the nvidia blob. I suppose I could try it with nouveau to
see if it still occurs, but at some point I will need VDPAU on this box
which means I will have to get the nvidia blob to work (assuming that
proves to be where the problem lies). But if it's the driver, why does
it work for a new user?

Does anyone know which dot directory(s) I would need to clear out in
order to start Gnome3 with a clean slate?

> BTW, you might enjoy extensions.gnome.org

So far I have only installed the gnome-shell-extensions* RPMs, all of
which came from fedora or fedora-updates repo.

--Greg