pdfedit for Fedora 16

Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda mlortiz at uci.cu
Fri Feb 17 12:52:27 UTC 2012

On 17/02/12 04:29, nathan wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 07:38 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 02/16/2012 09:44 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
>>> It is present in Fedora<= 15
>>> It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
>>> well.
>>> So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?
>> It was orphaned by the maintainer and noone else stepped up.  Apparently
>> it has bugs and upstream is inactive.
>>
>> Rahul
> I downloaded pdfedit pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 and try to build it by make.
> after ./configure. I was informed
> checking for size_t... yes
> checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
> checking if zlib is wanted... configure: error: libz not found
> . I check the zlib with rpm -qa zlib, the system inform that
> pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 exists.
> who tell me why, and how to do?
You must have in your system the devel packages for zlib  if you want to
build the package:
$ yum search zlib-devel

Regards

--
Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
  Sr. Software Engineer (UCI)

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com