issues logging in after fresh install fc16

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 18 18:42:54 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 10:27 -0500, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 10:59 PM, Les Howell wrote:
> > 1. back up all users using TAR.
> > 7. copy the splits back to /home , use cat to rejoin them and tar -xf.
> > : all good user directories fully restored.
>
>   Most people have /home being a separate partition ... I'm not sure I
> really understand your setup, but of course backups are good - however
> there should be no need to re-copy /home/ if you keep it a separate
> partition. It will also keep all the selinux labels and save you a lot
> of bother.
>
>  gene

Hi, gene,
	I know, and I even had a separate disk for the users for a while, which
I really like using.  I can unplug it for some work, or even substitute
it for some security type work, but some time ago I had a problem with
the disk not mounting and I never got back to that method.  Will the
selinux perform with a separate disk as well?

Regards,
Les H