Desktop desires and questions

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat Feb 18 20:27:07 UTC 2012

On 02/18/2012 03:17 PM, les wrote:
> HI, everyone,
> 	I know that this has been discussed before, and I will go back and read
> more of that.
>
> 	I want more efficient use of my desktop.  Pretty is nice for most
> people and of course design driven types, but I am a technophile, closer
> to Sheldon (of big bang theory) than normal people.  I know that.

 If you don't like Gnome Shell then don't use it .. no flame war - if
you like it use it :-)

 You have other choices such as kde (which is really nice and fast and
has what you're looking for) as well as xfce (lightweight, very fast and
no thrills plain). From what you wrote you really should just switch to
kde ... it will suit your needs. And if you like activities - it has
that too .. :-)

 gene