startx fails with new kernel

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Feb 19 01:05:58 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 02:21 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> I don't know, but I assume yum will pull in any and all dependencies
> required to make it work, including the kernel header packages and the
> development toolchain for compilation.

Only if they're *listed* as dependencies.  Back when I first installed
akmod, back around F9, they weren't properly listed in the rpm, so you
just had to know what to install to make them work.  As  I've never had
to install them again, I didn't know if the problem still existed or not.

(Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'm at a convention, and this is
the first time I've been able to get caught up on email.)