Applications do not close with new kernel

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:27:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 02/19/2012 09:24 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>>
>> I remember when I did the initial install of Xfce, there was a second
>> panel on the bottom of the screen with a couple items including a
>> magnifying glass. I deleted that panel as quickly as I could as it
>> blocked screen real estate.
>

> I got rid of the top panel for the same reason.

If you got rid of the top panel initially did you install the
notification area back into the bottom panel?  i.e. go to Applications
Menu->Settings->Panel and navigate to the "Items" - the Notification
Area can be added using the "+" at the right.  I don't know if this is
key to application shutdown but it is worth having anyway since the
network icon sits in that which is "quite useful"!

--
mike c