Applications do not close with new kernel

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:00:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 02/19/2012 11:27 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
>>
>> If you got rid of the top panel initially did you install the
>> notification area back into the bottom panel?
>

> Of course.  I have the notification area, log out, workspace switcher and so
> on, all on one panel.

OK I have several machines running f16 xfce some x86 and some x86_64
and none have the issue that you are seeing.  I have the latest kernel
and all is working fine for me. So I was just wondering what is
different about your machine compared to the ones I have. My systems
were all clean installs and I configured the desktops from scratch and
did not inherit previous user areas.  In each case the user areas were
created new after the install but the user files such a Documents,
Pictures and Music plus some of the configs such as .thunderbird,
.config/google-chrome and so on were copied back from backup.

I imagine there is something in your configs that has become different
or corrupted to the ones I have that has led to the situation you find
for application shutdown.  It might be worth checking or cleaning out
files in ~/.cache/sessions or ~/.cache/xfce4 in case something has got
messed up there. Similarly if something has got messed up in ~/.config
?

--
mike c